Jesus’ Definition Of Abundant Life
As Christians, If We Want To Know What Jesus’ Definition Of Abundant Life Is,
We Should Follow Him Around,
Watch What He Does And Listen To What He Says.
I think It Would Be Safe To Say,
Jesus Had An Abundant Life While He Was On The Earth According To What God Would Consider An Abundant Life.
I Am Sure He Knows How To Direct Me As To How
To Have An Abundant Life While I Am On This Earth.
If Anyone Desires To Have The Abundant Life Jesus Offers, Let Him Understand That He Must Follow Jesus;
(Mat 16:24 NKJV)
Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.
Is Jesus Others-Centered or Self-Centered?
What is Jesus After, People or Stuff?
I Bet if Jesus came to spend the weekend with us and we woke Him up Saturday morning, fed Him breakfast and said to Him, "Would You like to go shopping with us today?"
I bet His idea of what to go shopping for might be a little different than ours.
Most Christians have not visited and witnessed to their ten closest neighbors, yet we have visited every shopping center and mall within fifty to a hundred miles from our homes.
To buy a new auto we will spent a whole weekend to several weeks visiting many car dealers in many different parts of town. We spent many hours and drive many miles to make this great purchase. We then proudly display and share this great occasion with all friends, neighbors and relatives.
Many in the body of Christ have never come close to sharing this same time and effort and then displaying before heaven the trophy gained by the leading one lost soul to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
What is the main thing in the life of a Christian.
(Mat 4:19 NKJV)
(19)Then He said to them, "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men."
Jesus Was Very Serious About Keeping The Main Thing,
The Main Thing. Really, how long would it have taken this man to go to his fathers funeral.
(Mat 8:21 –22 NKJV)
(21) Then another of His disciples said to Him, "Lord, let me first go and bury my father." (22) But Jesus said to him, "Follow Me, and let the dead bury their own dead."
If Jesus would not give this man the time to go to his fathers funeral, I wonder if maybe, we might be doing anything that He would consider a waste of time.
When You Decide To Follow Jesus,
There Will Be Some Noticeable Changes Made In your Life. The things that were once so important to you will loose there importance
(Mat 9:9 NKJV)
(9) As Jesus passed on from there, He saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax office. And He said to him, "Follow Me." So he arose and followed Him.
Want To Change Your Value System, Get In Step Behind Jesus
(Mat 19:21 NKJV)
(21) Jesus said to him, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."
If You Really Want To Follow Jesus, Get On Your Face Before God And Truly Surrender Your Life To God. The Things That Were Once So Important To You Will Loss Their Value And That Which Is Really Important To God Will Be Made Very Clear To You.
(I bet it won't be Saturday after noon golf or Monday night football)
(John 10:27 NKJV)
(27) "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
Who Does Jesus Want To Follow Him?
Everyone That Calls Him Lord
(Mark 8:34 NKJV)
(34) When He had called the people to Himself, with His disciples also, He said to them, "Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.
Who Will Have Treasure In Heaven,
Those Who Give Up All and Follow Him
(Mark 10:21 NKJV)
(21) Then Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, "One thing you lack: Go your way, sell whatever you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, take up the cross, and follow Me."How Often Does Jesus Want Us To Follow Him,
With Every Breath Until He Comes
Or Until We Leave This Earth.
(Luke 9:23 NKJV)
(23) Then He said to them all, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.
We Must Make The Right Decision
To Follow Jesus
So We Can Be A Blessing To Others,
Just Like Jesus Made The Right Decision
To Follow The Will Of The Father
So He Could Be A Blessing For Us All.
(Luke 22:40 - 45 NKJV)
(40) When He came to the place, He said to them, "Pray that you may not enter into temptation. "(41) And He was withdrawn from them about a stone's throw, and He knelt down and prayed, (42) saying, "Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done. "(43) Then an angel appeared to Him from heaven, strengthening Him. (44) And being in agony, He prayed more earnestly. Then His sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground. (45) When He rose up from prayer, and had come to His disciples, He found them sleeping from sorrow. Bottom line, our flesh will yell and scream just as Jesus flesh did. "And being in agony, He prayed more earnestly. Then His sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground." But to be in the will of the Father, we must do His will and not our own will. Center our life on God and other and we will be in the will of God.
(John 12:26 NKJV)
(26) "If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor. (27) "Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? 'Father, save Me from this hour'? But for this purpose, I came to this hour.
It Is Not Always Easy
To Do What We Are Required To Do
By God Our Father.
Even Jesus Faced The Struggle
Of Making The Final Decision
To Give Up All
To Be In The Perfect Will Of God.
Not In Ourselves,
But In The Strength Of God
We Can Do All Things He Ask Of Us.
If You Want To Be
A Follower Of Jesus,
These Following Scriptures
Will Show You How
To Get In Step Behind Him
(Mat 28:18 – 20 NKJV)
(18) And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. (19) "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, (20) "teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.
(Luke 4:18 NKJV)
(18) "The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me To preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed;
I do not see anything in here about treasuring
a lot or maybe any worldly stuff. ·
WE ARE TO, Worship God and Spread the Gospel.
WE MUST Love and Care For Others.
It Is No Longer I Who Live, But Christ Lives In Me. I must fill my mind and heart with the life of Christ so that which oozes out of me, all over is Christ.
(Gal 2:20 NKJV)
(20) "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
If It Is Christ That Is Alive In Your Body,
Then the Following Will Be The Things That Are Important To You.
If You Would Like To See The World Through
The Eyes Of Jesus,
This Is What It Will Look Like.
Jesus was looking for those in need when He saw the multitudes.
(Mat 9:36 NKJV)
(36) But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd. (37) Then He said to His disciples, "The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. (38) "Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest."
When Jesus saw those in need, He was moved with compassion. With out Love, Jesus is not apart of our lives for He was moved with compassion as He looked out towards those who were in need.
(Mat 9:36 NKJV)
(36) But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd.
The reason for the new covenant was to create the church, the body of Christ, Who will offer redemption to the multitudes of sheep that have no shepherd. The lost have been deceived by their father the devil. We the Church have no time to waste. Another soul enters the gates of hell and another battle is lost. Another soul enters into a eternal hell that will last for ever while we the church are relaxing in, playing with or shopping for more stuff.
(Click Here For A Plan Of Plan Attack)
Jesus was always thinking about the needs of others. He will always be thinking of other as He Lives in us. His desire will always be to send out laborers into His harvest.
(Mat 9:38 NKJV)
(38) "Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest."
Jesus was always planning in ways that His responses would benefit others. As He lives in us He will have us do the same. He will always have us developing a plan to find those that are faint on the way.
(3) "And if I send them away hungry to their own houses, they will faint on the way; for some of them have come from afar."
Jesus was always giving the things that would touch other lives. As we deny ourselves, and take up our cross, and follow Him, We Will Do The same.
Healed their sick
(Mat 14:14 NKJV)
(14) And when Jesus went out He saw a great multitude; and He was moved with compassion for them, and healed their sick.
Touched their eyes. And immediately their eyes received sight
(Mat 20:34 NKJV)
(34) So Jesus had compassion and touched their eyes. And immediately their eyes received sight, and they followed Him.
For He said to him, "Come out of the man, unclean spirit
(Mark 5:2 & 8 NKJV)
(2) And when He had come out of the boat, immediately there met Him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, (8) For He said to him, "Come out of the man, unclean spirit!"
He began to teach them many things
(Mark 6:34 NKJV)
And Jesus, when He came out, saw a great multitude and was moved with compassion for them, because they were like sheep not having a shepherd. So He began to teach them many things.
They do not need to go away. You give them something to eat."
(Mark 8:3 NKJV)
(8) But Jesus said to them, "They do not need to go away. You give them something to eat."
Forgave him the debt
(Mat 18:26 - 27)
(26) "The servant therefore fell down before him, saying, 'Master, have patience with me, and I will pay you all.' (27) "Then the master of that servant was moved with compassion, released him, and forgave him the debt.
Stretched out His hand and touched him, and said to him, "I am willing; be cleansed
(Mark 1:41 NKJV)
(41) Then Jesus, moved with compassion, stretched out His hand and touched him, and said to him, "I am willing; be cleansed."
Young man, I say to you, arise
(Luke 7:13 & 14)
(13) When the Lord saw her, He had compassion on her and said to her, "Do not weep." (14) Then He came and touched the open coffin, and those who carried him stood still. And He said, "Young man, I say to you, arise." (15) So he who was dead sat up and began to speak. And He presented him to his mother.
Here we have the definition of what means
to walk in the spirit and not in the flesh.
"It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me;"
In the following scriptures Paul shows us the struggle of letting go of ourselves which is the life in the flesh.
To walk in the Spirit is to denying our self and allowing Christ to live his life through us. As you read these scripture remember what Jesus said in
(Mark 10:27 NKJV) "
But Jesus looked at them and said, "With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible."
(Rom 6:1-23 Rom 7:1-25 Rom 8 1-14 NKJV)
(Rom 6:1) What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? (2) Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? (3) Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? (4) Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. (5) For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, (6) knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. (7) For he who has died has been freed from sin. (8) Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, (9) knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him. (10) For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God.(11) Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord. (12) Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. (13) And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. (14) For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace. (Rom 6:15 NKJV) What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not! (16) Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one's slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness? (17) But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered. (18) And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness. (19 NKJV) I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness. (20) For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. (21) What fruit did you have then in the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. (22) But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life. (6) For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
(Rom 7:1 NKJV) Or do you not know, brethren (for I speak to those who know the law), that the law has dominion over a man as long as he lives? (7) For the woman who has a husband is bound by the law to her husband as long as he lives. But if the husband dies, she is released from the law of her husband. (7) So then if, while her husband lives, she marries another man, she will be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is free from that law, so that she is no adulteress, though she has married another man. (4) Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another; to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God. (5) For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death. (7) But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter. (7) What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, "You shall not covet." (8) But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead. (9 ) I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died. (10) And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death. (11) For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it killed me. (12) Therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good. (13) Has then what is good become death to me? Certainly not! But sin, that it might appear sin, was producing death in me through what is good, so that sin through the commandment might become exceedingly sinful. (14) For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. (15) For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. (16) If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. (17) But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. (18) For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. (19) For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. (20) Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. (21) I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. (22) For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. (23) But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. (24) O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? (25) I thank God; through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.
(Rom 8:1 NKJV) There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. (2) For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. (8) For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, (4) that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. (5) For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. (6) For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. (7) Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. (8) So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. (9) But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. (10) And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. (11) But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you. (12) Therefore, brethren, we are debtors; not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. (13) For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. (14) For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
My Blogging Pays
I have a new blog and I hope each of you will come visit frequently.
If You Like To Write, You Have Got To Come Check Out This Blogging System.