God Reveals Himself Through The Word.
Before we start chapter 5, there are three things that are very important to understand about the new covenant.
There is one thing the new covenant is.
1. The new covenant is a one on one, individual personal relationship with God. Accepting Jesus as your personal Savior creates this relationship. This relationship is maintained through prayer and study of the Word of God the Bible.
There are two things the new covenant is not;
1. The new covenant is not legalism. Yet, there are many do’s and don’t that each Christian will choose to live by, based on his individual relationship with God.
2. The new covenant is not socialism. Yet, the second of all commandments is that we should love our neighbor as our self.
Within legalism and socialism one individual and a group of individuals control what other individuals do and do not do, have and do not have, give or not give.
Within the new covenant the Holy Spirit influences each individual as to what to do or not do, have and not have, give and not give. This is made very clear in two or three places in the book of Acts.
It is very interesting to me that the group of individuals that teach the doctrine of prosperity and God wanting us to have and use so much of this worlds stuff for our own personal use, use as a major part of their teaching. several chapters in the book of Acts to make the point that tongues are still a part of the new testament doctrine. I am not making a case for or against tongues here, that is not what I am called to teach. What I am saying is that same group will take the following teaching in Acts and say that this teaching is not for today. It was for the special time and circumstance the church was going through at that moment in history.
(Acts 2:42 NKJV) And they continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers.
(Acts 2:43 NKJV) Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles.
(Acts 2:44 NKJV) Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common,
(Acts 2:45 NKJV) and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need.
(Acts 2:46 NKJV) So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart,
(Acts 2:47 NKJV) praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.
The Word of God says that the Word should be established out of the mouth of two or three witnesses. If you take the following and next scriptures, combine them with what Jesus taught as he walked the earth, you will have the new testament doctrine on individual prosperity. This doctrine in Acts is established by the men that God appointed and anointed to establish the New Testament and the New Covenant Church
(Acts 4:29 NKJV) "Now, Lord, look on their threats, and grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word,
(Acts 4:30 NKJV) "by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus."
(Acts 4:31 NKJV) And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness.
(Acts 4:32 NKJV) Now the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and one soul; neither did anyone say that any of the things he possessed was his own, but they had all things in common.
(Acts 4:33 NKJV) And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all.
(Acts 4:34 NKJV) Nor was there anyone among them who lacked; for all who were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of the things that were sold,
(Acts 4:35 NKJV) and laid them at the apostles' feet; and they distributed to each as anyone had need.
We must let The Word show us the lifestyle that we should seek and the personal prosperity we should desire. As we learn from the Word how to walking in the Spirit, and not in the flesh, that which will become important to us will be , The Gospel and others, self will be denied.
"For The One Who Sows To His Own Flesh
Shall From The Flesh Reap Corruption,"
"But The One Who Sows To The Spirit
Shall From The Spirit Reap Eternal Life."
"For Whatever A Man Sows, This He Will Also Reap"
(Gal 6:7 – 10 NASB)
Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap. (8) For the one who sows to his own flesh shall from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit shall from the Spirit reap eternal life. (9) And let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we shall reap if we do not grow weary. (10) So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all men, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith.
What does God mean by the statement, "doing Good".
See if it is revealed in the following scriptures through out this study.
God’s prosperity is God blessing me for the main reason, that I may be a blessing to others. God through His plan of salvation provides opportunity for us to be obedient to the truths that are in the Word. Some may find this hard to believe, but the conditions of need in today's church that are so obvious, in some instances, are allowed or even caused by God, only to provide those that have much, the opportunity to show the selfless act of love by using what they possess to meet the needs of others.
God Will Use One Life to Provide Opportunity For Another
(John 9:1-4 NKJV) )
(1) Now as Jesus passed by, He saw a man who was blind from birth.(2) And His disciples asked Him, saying, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" (3) Jesus answered,
"Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him. (4) "I must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work.
as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.
6 When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay,
7 And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.
I want you to really thing about this for a moment. Blind, shut your eyes and see blind for a moment. This man was blind throughout his childhood and into his adulthood. For what purpose did this man spend all those years blind?
Jesus makes it very clear for what purpose this man sent all those years blind. “But that the works of God should be revealed in him.” We need to make sure that we do not miss what is going on here. A life is being used here so others would have opportunity to be blessed of God. When there is a need in others and we give to that need, we are being blessed and we are gaining heavenly treasure.
Every time we see another in need and we feel any compassion in our heart, that is the Holy Spirit of God prompting us to give. If our response is I do not have enough left to give. We need to look at what we are giving to that is keeping us for being able to have enough to give.
If we use God’s three blessings to us, our time, our talents and our Material gain to get more and have more of this world for our own personal wants, we are sowing to our flesh and not to our spirit. The new bigger better, what ever the new bigger better is, is not a blessing from God, but it is robbing us of assets that could have been used to do the works of God.
satan’s Great Victory In The U.S. Is The World’s Definition Of Lifestyle and Prosperity Has Filtered Into The Body Of Christ
Somewhere along the way the world’s definition of lifestyle and prosperity filtered into the body of Christ. At some point in time, many Christians in the US became infatuated with worldly treasure. The principles that we must follow to have heavenly treasure stated in THE WORD became spiritually impossible to understand. These Christians allow themselves to believe the lie that they needed to possess a lot of stuff to show the world how God blesses his children. They believe this is God’s plan for our lifestyle and prosperity. God is not interested in how much stuff we possess, He already owns it all and can give to as He wills. He is interested in us seeking the Kingdom. What is the Kingdom, People. All we can take to heaven with us is the sacrifice of self, time and money to help people and to help the spread of Gospel to people. God is interested in us being others-centered not self-centered and stuff centered.
He Already Owns It All. He Can Give To As He Wills.
God wants us to Live by this Scripture Truth Today
Now In This Life Time.
(Mark 10:21-27 NKJV)
for he had great possessions. (23) Then Jesus looked around and said to His disciples, "How hard it is for those who have riches to enter the kingdom of God!" (24) And the disciples were astonished at His words. But Jesus answered again and said to them, "Children, how hard it is for those who trust in riches to enter the kingdom of God (25) "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God. (26) And they were greatly astonished, saying among themselves, "Who then can be saved?"(27) But Jesus looked at them and said, "With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible."
The disciple’s response to Jesus’ statement came from a natural man's heart. Jesus was making reference to the ability of the born again spirit and it’s ability to understand the things of God
Rhema creates the attitude change of the heart in a truly born again Christian.
Jesus Himself Made It Very Clear Concerning
God’s Definition Of Prosperity
(Luke 12:33 & 34 NKJV)
"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
Where does God want the treasure of our heart to Be?
Jesus, in the simplest way is telling us through the teaching of the rich young rule (Mark 10:21-27 NKJV) and what He taught the disciples in (Luke 12:33 & 34 NKJV),
It is not about us, our stuff, our jobs or businesses and even our lives.
It is about others,
· Giving to others
· Sharing the gospel to others
Look at the two things that Jesus told the rich young ruler.
· "One thing you lack: Go your way, sell whatever you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven
· and come, take up the cross, and follow Me
I want to take another moment to bring out a very simple truth about our walk on the earth. If it is no longer I that live, but Christ that lives in me. With ever step that I take, to what end is that step.
This following scripture is one of my favorite in the hold Bible. This is true because of two reasons.
1. The picture painted here of Jesus is far beyond my ability to be able to comprehend. If this is saying that Jesus is the sum total of every Word spoken by God, and I believe that it is, can your imagination comprehend HIM. Mine can't.
2. But this I do comprehend. Me and this man, is the same as John, "The same (Me, You and John) came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe".
(John 1:1 KJV) In the
beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
(John 1:2 KJV) The same was in the beginning with God.
(John 1:3 KJV) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
(John 1:4 KJV) In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
(John 1:5 KJV) And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
(John 1:6 KJV) There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
(John 1:7 KJV) The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
(John 1:8 KJV) He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
(John 1:9 KJV) That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
(John 1:10 KJV) He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
(John 1:11 KJV) He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
(John 1:12 KJV) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
(John 1:13 KJV) Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
(John 1:14 KJV) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Through my personal relationship with Jesus, I have "beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father". I know that I am here to bare witness of who and what He is.
(Mat 24:14 KJV) And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
(Rom 1:16 KJV) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
The gospel will be preached through me when,
It Is No Longer I Who Live, But Christ Lives In Me;
(Gal 2:20 NKJV)
(20) "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
God Requires That We Do It His Way.
We Must Become An Empty Vessel,
Die To Self,
Then As It Was With Christ,
The Blessings Of God Will Flow Through Us To Others.
This spiritual truth satan has stolen, hidden, concealed, kept from, deprived the church, the body of Christ from understanding. This is a very simple truth, yet satan has a great ability to blind the minds of those that read the truth or hear the truth and will not allow the Spirit of God to reveal the truth to their hearts. What a great victory he has won. satan has stolen much heavenly treasures from us. If he could not keep us out of heaven, he was willing to settle for keeping the blessings of heaven from us. It is time to turn the table and let us take what is rightfully ours.
(Luke 6:38 NKJV) "
Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you."
"It will be measured back to you." How will it be measured back, earthly treasure or Heavenly Treasure? In God’s eyes, which is important to me or which one has eternal reward or value. God will supply me with much earthly treasure if he can trust that I will use it to gain Heavenly Treasure. God measurement back to me will always be for my eternal reward. Earthly treasure has no value to me. It is only a tool that God uses to give me opportunity to have heavenly reward. Those who have gained much worldly treasure for any other reason than being a funnel for Christ, have gained this treasure of their on ability for their own personal use, and not as a blessing from God.
How great awaking will occur on the day of,
(Rev 3:15 – 17 NKJV)
(15) "I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. (16) "So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. (17) "Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’; and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked;
What is God’s blessings for?
What is God’s flow?
This is God’s flow.
We can not out give God.
God wants us to be blessed with Material blessings.
But for what reason?
I Bet That Which Falls Out Of The Windows Of Heaven
Is Not A Lot Of Material Stuff For Our Personal Wants,
But The Opportunity To Have Much Stuff, Time & Money
To Give, So That We Can Have Much
Treasure In Heaven
(Mal 3:8 – 10 NKJV)
The Line That Separates!
The World’s Lust And Its Need To Possess And Control Stuff
And The Attitude That God Wants Us To Have Towards The Things Of This World Is Very Clear. These Simple Verses Make It As Clear As God Is Going To Make It
To Show Us His Will.
(Mat 5:40 – 42NKJV)
Every Tree Therefore That Does Not Bear
Good Fruit Is Cut Down And Thrown Into The Fire
Look very closely at what Jesus refers to as Good Fruit
(Luke 3:9 – 11 NASB)
"And also the axe is already laid at the root of the trees; every tree therefore that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire." (10) And the multitudes were questioning him, saying, "then what shall we do?" (11) And he would answer and say to them, "Let the man who has two tunics share with him who has none; and let him who has food do likewise."
How simple is God’s plan on this earth.
All We Can Take To Heaven Is The Self, Time & Money We Give To God and Others. Any stuff, time or money that we keep and use for ourselves will have absolutely no positive effect towards our heavenly reward. God expects us to use what is necessary to provide a secure and comfortable life for our families based on the Word, not the world . After that, everything Not Given to the benefit of others Is "Cut Down And Thrown Into The Fire."
So The Only Question Is How Much Heavenly Reward Do You Really Want? Or, Maybe The Question Is, Are You Willing To Straddle The Fence, Be Luke Warm, Be One That God Considers To Be A Possessor Of The World And So He Will Require Of You YOUR SOUL?
This is Jesus Speaking. The Jesus of John 1:14 NKJV
"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."
Could He make it any more clear than this
(Luke 12:16 NKJV)
(16) Then He spoke a parable to them, saying: "The ground of a certain rich man yielded plentifully.
(17) "And he thought within himself, saying, ‘What shall I do, since I have no room to store my crops?’
(18) "So he said, ‘I will do this: I will pull down my barns and build greater, and there I will store all my crops and my goods.
(19) ‘And I will say to my soul, "Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years; take your ease; eat, drink, and be merry."’
(20) "But God said to him, ‘Fool! This night your soul will be required of you; then whose will those things be which you have provided?’
(21) "So is he who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God." (what does it mean to be rich towards God.)
(22) Then He said to His disciples, "Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; nor about the body, what you will put on.
(23) "Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothing.
(24) "Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds?
(25) "And which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
(26) "If you then are not able to do the least, why are you anxious for the rest?
(27) "Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
(28) "If then God so clothes the grass, which today is in the field and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will He clothe you, O you of little faith?
(29) "And do not seek what you should eat or what you should drink, nor have an anxious mind.
(30) "For all these things the nations of the world seek after, and your Father knows that you need these things.
(31) "But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you.
(32) "Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
(33) "Sell what you have and give alms; provide yourselves money bags which do not grow old, a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches nor moth destroys.
(34) "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Is verse 33 & 34 what it means to be rich towards God. I do not know how else this group of scriptures could be interpreted. Either we have to take Jesus at face value or we need to go back into the dark ages where it is considered that the average man was not able to interpret the Bible. We should simply turn the Word over to the leaders in the church that today, in our time, 21st century leaders, that preach of all the earthly blessings God wants for His people to have and use for themselves. We should be following their examples, we should all be seeking to drive 40K plus autos and live in homes large enough for two or three families and have tons of stuff to fill them up. We all need to purchase many expensive toys, and spend thousands of dollars on elaborate vacations each year. Then we should want more and more because the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the pride of life and the force of greed will never be satisfied. But if we disguise it as the blessing of the Lord,
I am sure God Want mind.
Who cares if only a very small percentage of the body of Christ would ever have the ability to live like I do on this earth. It is not my fault God is blessing me and not them. It must be because I am doing so much better than they are in obeying the word. He must think I deserve it. That is just how God is, He blesses some like me and He makes others suffer. Or maybe He made me smarter than they are. He Just decided to give me special faith to get all my stuff. I know, He gave me all this wealth so that they would have someone to practice not coveting after. He wants me to be blessed with much earthly treasure, or I would not have it. He only ask for ten percent. If I get close to that, all the rest is mine, all mine. It is not my concern that many, many in the body of Christ suffer much need and want. That is not my care, I am an individual part of the body of Christ and God’s blessings are to me, for me. I have a responsibility to give my family this kind of lifestyle. God takes care of me, for my family. I am not apart of them, the rest of the body of Christ. We are all separate. It is Gods responsibility to make sure they have enough, not mine. He can do whatever He wants with them, Right.
(Rev 3:15 – 17 NKJV)
(15) "I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. (16) "So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. (17) "Because you say, 'I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing'; and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked;
(Luke 12:35 – 48 NKJV)
(35) "Let your waist be girded and your lamps burning;
(36) "and you yourselves be like men who wait for their master, when he will return from the wedding, that when he comes and knocks they may open to him immediately.
(37) "Blessed are those servants whom the master, when he comes, will find watching. Assuredly, I say to you that he will gird himself and have them sit down to eat, and will come and serve them.
(38) "And if he should come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.
(39) "But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into.
(40) "Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect."
(41) Then Peter said to Him, "Lord, do You speak this parable only to us, or to all people?"
(42) And the Lord said, "Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his master will make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of food in due season? (food in due season - heavenly treasure, maybe )
(43) "Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes.
(44) "Truly, I say to you that he will make him ruler over all that he has.
(45) "But if that servant says in his heart, 'My master is delaying his coming,' and begins to beat the male and female servants, and to eat and drink and be drunk,
(Christian school teachers make 10K. Who makes five to a ten times more in the church? These great church leaders tell me of all the stuff that their god has given them and wants them to have. These leaders spend more on the purchase of one automobile than most missionaries have to live off of for one, two or even more years. Who is being beat and who is eating and drinking and is drunk? Is the one who is being beat the one who's family suffers want because he is trying to do the will of God with his life. Or is it the one who brings his family to church in a 40K SUV, parks in his special parking place with his name on it, and enters the great building that he has had built, and preaches another bless me lord sermon from the pulpit and the building he personally designed.)
(46) "the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
(47) "And that servant who knew his master's will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
(48) "But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.
(49) "I came to send fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!
How much clearer can God make it for us?
Will You Allow The Holy Spirit of God To Reveal To You The Truths That Are In These Scriptures?
(Psa 23:1 - 3 NKJV)
(1) The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. (2 ) He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. (3) He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake.
I have heard so many time Psalms 23, verse 1 quoted with the explanation of I Shall Not Want as meaning
I, me, self,
with the center of attention on me and what I want.
I shall not want because God is going to be sensitive to my wants because I am His Child.
But what if this might mean that I simply do not have any wants any more, sense It Is No Longer I Who Live But it is Now Christ Living His life in Me. Sense I Have Denied myself To The Point That I Am Now An Empty Vessel and I allow Christ to Live His Life Through Me, the desires that are coming out of me are that of Jesus.
What if the green pastures are the pastures of ministry that He put before me. What if the still waters are the anointing of the Holy Spirit that now flows through my life that will anoint me to minister to others. What if the restoring of my soul is like the experience that Jesus had in the garden of Gethsemane;
(Mark 14:34 NKJV) Then He said to them, "My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even to death. Stay here and watch."
(Mark 14:35 NKJV) He went a little farther, and fell on the ground, and prayed that if it were possible, the hour might pass from Him.
(Mark 14:36 NKJV) And He said, "Abba, Father, all things are possible for You. Take this cup away from Me;
nevertheless, not what I will, but what You will."
What if the paths of righteousness that I walk down are For His name's sake and have nothing to do with my personal wants.
Could it be possible the restoring of the soul is the giving up of my will and allowing the will of the Father to dominate my live.