The Power Twins
Love and Forgiveness
Fasting and Prayer
Faith and Hope
Mercy and Grace
Joy and Peace
Again, I thought that I had reached the completion of this study. Again, the Lord spoke very clearly to my heart and told me He wanted me to include "The Power Twins" in this study.
As follows is what He revealed to my heart to be "The Power Twins".
The Power Twins
If a Christian does not have a clear understanding of what it means to deny self and daily take up the cross and follow Jesus, he is a carnal Christian and will have very limited success with the first of all commandments and the second of all commandments. When we as Christians receives the Rhema of the Word and truly understand self denial and daily cross baring, we will start the, One, Two , threes and Fours of Loving the Lord with, all our Heart, all our Soul, all of our Mind and all of our strength. As this takes place, these five sets of power twins are the corner stone building blocks for the self denied walk with the Lord. As this process takes place in our life, Love and Forgiveness will manifest its self in our lives. Our daily walk with Christ will be governed by our Faith and Hope in Him. Prayer and Fasting will be the point of contact that we have with the Mercy and Grace of God. The Mercy and Grace of God is God’s manifestation of His Love to us (His Mercy) and the release of His Power( His Grace) to us. As His love and power is manifested in our lives His Joy and His Peace will be our reward until we stand personally before Him.
As I just read back over that paragraph my spirit rejoiced at the truth and power that is in those few words. I can see how, as I willingly deny my self and allow the power of the Word of God to live in me, I can be used by God to the full extent of His perfect will for my life. All it takes is for me, to get me out of the way, which is accomplished through the daily crucifixion of myself. When it is no longer I that lives, but Christ that lives in me and in you, look out world, and look out devil,
Look Who Is Back On This Earth.
Without the Power Twins at work in our lives, a Christian will walk spiritually out of control, walk in the flesh. There will be limited to no daily manifestation of the work of Christ and there will be limited to no power of God in this person’s life.
I can see very clearly that this study could turn into a major study within its self. I am going to leave, the major part, up to each individual reader. If you get to the point in your walk with Christ that you want to give up all, and allow Christ to live His life through you, this will be one of the most exciting personal studies that you will ever do. I am going to give a few starting point scriptures and a brief explanation of each of the power twins and how they reflect each other.
Love and Forgiveness will manifest its self in our lives.
The love of God and the forgiveness of God is an action we take, not a feeling we that we have. Feelings are of this world and God does not operate in the realm of feelings. As you will read in the following scriptures, Love and forgiveness is something we do.
Love is the act of obeying God’s Word which will be manifested as giving to God and others. As you read the following scriptures you will find statements and commands concerning Gods Love. You will find actions that will be taken because of God’s love. You will find nothing about the feeling of love.
(John 15:10 - 16 NKJV)
(10) "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. (John 15:11 NKJV) "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. (12) "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. (13) "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends. (14) "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. (15) "No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. (16) "You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. (16) By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. But whoever has this world's goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him?
(1 John 3:18 –19 NKJV)
(18) My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth. (19) And by this we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him.
(Mat 22:39 NKJV)
"And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'
The second of all commandments is Love your neighbor as your self. The example that Jesus gives as to who is our neighbor and what is love, is the stories of the good Samaritan (Luke 10:29 – 38). The story is one based on the act of doing what is necessary by giving of self to help another.
Forgiveness is the action of taking control of the thoughts and feeling as taught in the study of the mind.
(2 Cor 10:3 NKJV)
(3) For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. (4) For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, (5) casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 6) and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.
(Mat 18:21 – 22 NKJV)
(21) Then Peter came to Him and said, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?" (22) Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.
(Mat 6:12 NKJV)
(12) And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. (13) And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen. (14) "For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. (15) "But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
(Mat 5:40 NKJV)
(40) "If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also. (41) "And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two. (42) "Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away. (43) "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' (44) "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, (45) "that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. (46) "For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? (47) "And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so? (48) "Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.
Love and Forgiveness is the balance of Loving men because of God’s Love for them and forgiving them for their wrongful acts against us as we continue to reach out to them to show them the salvation of the Lord.
Our daily walk with Christ will be governed by our
Faith and Hope in Him.
I am going to share a short example that the Lord use to teach me how faith and hope work. This example made it very simple for me to understand how faith and hope work together. I hope it will do the same for you.
I, in the past have bought computers and computer software through mail order companies. It is a very simple process. You look in there catalogs and decide what you want. You call them on the telephone and tell them the item you want to purchase. You give them your credit card number. They process the order using your credit card, if it goes through, you just bought yourself the whatever. It is now yours, but you have to wait for them to ship the item and the delivery service to bring it to your door. You know it is coming, you just are not sure when. So you get up every morning with excitement an anticipation and say to yourself, I sure hope my whatever comes today. Your hope is the expression of your having faith in, one the company you bought the item from, and your trust in the delivery service to be able to find you, so they can deliver the whatever. You have already paid for with your credit card. You believe that the what ever is your. You believe that it is coming. This belief can actually be measured by you by the hope that you have that this thing is going to show up at your door any day now.
I could really get into some major explaining how this example parallels our faith that we have in God and the hope that His mercy and grace will manifest in our life. But instead we will simply let the master Himself do it, Jesus Christ the Word (John 1:14)
(1 Cor 13:13 NKJV)
And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
(Heb 11:1 NKJV)
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
(Heb 11:6 NKJV)
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
(Rom 10:17 NKJV)
So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
(Col 1:23 NKJV)
if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister.
(1 Th 1:2 – 3 NKJV)
(2) We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers (3) remembering without ceasing your work of faith, labor of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ in the sight of our God and Father,
Prayer And Fasting Will Be The Point Of Contact That We Have With
The Mercy And Grace Of God.
I was having a major struggle crucifixion of some major strong holds is my flesh. "Lord, please help me get free from these strong holds of the flesh that are in my life." I was now praying and studying the Word more than I had done for many years. But it seemed that these strong holds could not be conquered. The Lord spoke to my heart and told me to add Fasting to the list. He said Prayer and Fasting together are a very important parts of the power twins that allow My mercy, grace, peace and joy to flow into your life. Just as casting down imaginations is a mental drill that has spiritual power to do spiritual battle, fasting with your prayer is a physical drill that also has spiritual power to help you over come the power hold that the flesh has on you. The lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, pride of life and the force of greed and can be crushed through the spiritual power of fasting with your prayer as you daily feed your spirit The Word of God.
Jesus Fasted forty days and nights to be ready to face satan and start His ministry.
Where does that leave us.
(Mat 3:16 –17 & 4:1 – 2 NKJV)
When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him. (17) And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." (4:1) Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. (2) And when He had fasted forty days and forty nights, afterward He was hungry.
Fasting open the door to for us to receive the power of God and the knowledge of His will, for our lives and in the lives of others. Fasting open the door to for us to receive the power of God to stand against the powers of satan in our lives or and in the lives of others
(Mat 17:20 NKJV)
So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.
(Mat 17:21 NKJV)
"However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting."
(Acts 10:30 NKJV)
(30) So Cornelius said, "Four days ago I was fasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing, (31) "and said, 'Cornelius, your prayer has been heard, and your alms are remembered in the sight of God.
(Acts 13:2 NKJV)
(2) As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, "Now separate to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them." (3) Then, having fasted and prayed, and laid hands on them, they sent them away. (4) So, being sent out by the Holy Spirit, they went down to Seleucia, and from there they sailed to Cyprus.
The Mercy And Grace Of God Is God’s Manifestation Of
His Endless Love(Mercy) to us and The Release of His Power(Grace) To Us.
(Heb 4:15 – 16 NKJV)
(15) For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. (16) Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
(1 Tim 1:2 NKJV)
To Timothy, a true son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace from God our
Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.
(2 John 1:3 NKJV)
Grace, mercy, and peace will be with you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
As His Endless Love And The Release of His Power Is Manifested In Our Lives
His Joy And His Peace
Will Be Our Reward Until We Stand Personally Before Him.
Gods Joy and His Peace are spiritual forces that do spiritual work for our total well being. They are not mental or emotional feelings that make you feel good. The Joy and Peace of the Lord is a force of strength sent to help us control physical feels that would cause us to act out in a way other than in faith towards God.
(Rom 15:13 NKJV)
Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
(Rom 14:16 – 17 NKJV)
(16) Therefore do not let your good be spoken of as evil; (17) for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
The Joy of the Lord is a spiritual force that will help you rise above the physical feelings that would over come you in times of hardship and stress.
(Neh 8:9 - 10 NKJV)
(9) And Nehemiah, who was the governor, Ezra the priest and scribe, and the Levites who taught the people said to all the people, "This day is holy to the LORD your God; do not mourn nor weep." For all the people wept, when they heard the words of the Law. (10) Then he said to them, "Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet, and send portions to those for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our LORD. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the LORD is your strength."
(Acts 20:24 NKJV)
"But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.
God’s Peace will keep your heart and mind in Christ Jesus when the problems that you face become so over whelming that in the natural physical world things look impossible
(Phil 4:4 NKJV)
Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! (5) Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. (6) Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; (7) and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
When you are fighting the good fight of faith, and the load seems much to heavy to carry any further, stop and lean on the joy and peace of the Lord. They are strong pillars of spiritual strength to help see us through.