You can not live by faith based on what you hear from man.
Plus, do not ever act on anything taught by only one man.
Faith come from God through
the revelation of His Word in our hearts.
God will confirm this by two or more witnesses.
When You Do Act, It Is Because
You Received From God,
In Your Heart, The Revelation Of His Word.
God Shows Us In The Next Verse that He is in control of all. He is the judge and jury. He knows all the fact and He can take care of all that would willfully misuse the blessings that He gives. It does not Matter if these blessings come from the work of our own hands or from the hands of a bother in the Lord. Godís mercy and grace far exceeds our comprehension. His judgment will be swift and complete. As for our part, How much more clear can God make it.
(Rom 12:10 -20 NKJV)
(10) Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; (11) not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; (12) rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; (13) distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality. (14) Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.
(15) Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.
(16) Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
(The opinions we should have are those which are formed from the study of Godís Word. When it comes to giving to other we come up with our own opinions of when we should and when we should not give. We think we are capable of knowing the heart of a man and we can make the right judgments as to when to give and not to give to the needs of others. Needs are to always be given to, whether or not it is a bother in the Lord or even our enemy.)
(17) Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. (18) If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. (19) Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord. (20) Therefore "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head."
I have heard leaders in the church say that we should not help some people at certain time for the reason that God is teaching them a lesson and we might interfere with Gods work. God does not teach us lesson with problems in our lives. Problems either cause us to turn back to God and ask for His help or problems develop and strengthen the faith that we already have. God teaches us with His Word.. His word is clear and easy to understand. Any man that can read and will open his heart to God can learn from the Word the ways of the Lord. Problems in our lives or in the lives of those around us do not teach us the ways of the Lord, rather give us opportunity to practice that which the Word teaches. It is if we have gone back to the dark ages when it was thought that the average man could not clearly understand the Word. Plus we have leader in the church teach parts of the truth or of their own opinion. It is our job to teach the truth, just as it is in the Word.What we have done in America is make the teaching of the church Match the lifestyle of the society we live in. We are so concerned with stuff that we can not give as taught in the Word. We are afraid someone might misuse our precious stuff or money. First of all it is not our money in the first place and God make it very clear that He is all knowing and it is He who will be the judge and jury of a manís heart. He make it very clear That If A Man Will Harden His Hearts To His Truth, The Lust Of The Eyes, Lust Of The Flesh, Pride Of Life And The Force Of Greed Will Bring That Man To Our Ruin.
(Acts 5:1 Ė 5 NKJV)
(1) But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession.
(2) And he kept back part of the proceeds, his wife also being aware of it, and brought a certain part and laid it at the apostles' feet.
(3) But Peter said, "Ananias, why has satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself?
(4) "While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God."
(5) Then Ananias, hearing these words, fell down and breathed his last. So great fear came upon all those who heard these things.
If I do not walk in the light of the Word, No Rhema, greed for me and my family will dominate my life. This will result in membership into the Laodicean Church which we will discuss later.
As for the everyday life of a Christian, God wants us to be single minded on building our heavenly treasure, our heavenly bank account. Jesus made it very clear that His Kingdom was not of this world and that He Himself was not of this world.
(John 8:23 NKJV)
(23) And He said to them, "You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of
this world; I am not of this world.
(John 18:36 NKJV)
(36) Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here."
Jesus also made it very clear that we are not of this earth and that our focus in life is to be on thing above and not things on this earth.
(Heb 11:13 Ė 16 NKJV)
(13) These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. (14) For those who say such things declare plainly that they seek a homeland. (15) And truly if they had called to mind that country from which they had come out, they would have had opportunity to return. (16) But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.
(1 Pet 2:9 Ė 11 NKJV)
(9) But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; (10) who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy. (11) Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul,
We are not of this world and we need nothing this world has to offer. What soldier in the battle field would strap the spoils of the last battle on his back and then go into the next battle carrying the weight and bondage of those spoils. After several battles, and many spoils how could he hope to attack or defend himself from the enemy. From all the scriptures that has been given in this teach can you not find the freedom God is offering you from stuff that would and will control your life . The Bible says
(John 8:36 NKJV) "Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.