We Are One
As we enter this next section we must remember, all that we do on this earth is for the body of Christ as a whole, not just for me and mine as individual parts. To develop a heavenly bank account you must become empty of self, and a funnel through which the flow of the blessings of God can flow out from you. These blessings are first to be for you and your own family and then to the body of Christ and the cause of Christ. Cast away the vision of the things of this world. This world tells you that you need, stuff. This world works as hard as it can to sell you stuff. When you stand before God, the only thing that He is going to remember about your excess stuff is what the cost of that stuff, could have done to develop the body of Christ. Take hold of the vision of heaven and our eternal existence with God. Build to what last forever and not to that which will very soon past away.
Work out your salvation with fear and trembling and become a empty vessel to be filled with the Light, Love and Spirit of God, We are all working together to get this over with and go home.
Our Responsibility Starts At Home.
(1 Tim 5:8 NIV)
***Pronoeo is the Hebrew word used here for provide which means: to consider in advance; look out for beforehand; act by way of maintenance for others; by way of circumspection (foresighted) for oneself:--provide for with forethought.
The responsibilities that we have to provide for our immediate family are made very clear in this passage of scripture.
Living Debt Free
The worldly need for stuff creates the need for debt. In the prosperity of God, all that we posses belongs to God, not the bank. Therefore, all we have in our possession belongs to God and can always be a part of the flow. How can you give away something that belongs to the Bank. It would not be yours to give.
26) Do not be one of those who shakes hands in a pledge, One of those who is surety for debts; (27) If you have nothing with which to pay, Why should he take away your bed from under you?
(8) Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law.
(25) "If you lend money to any of My people who are poor among you, you shall not be like a moneylender to him; you shall not charge him interest.
(6) Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it. (7) The rich rules over the poor, And the borrower is servant to the lender.
I always considered the previous verse to be an interesting combination for two adjoining scriptures
Saving & Investing
The blessedness of the righteous.
(Psa 112:3 NKJV)
After Our Obligation to Our Personal Family, Godís Plan For Our Giving Is Then Extended To;
"Can faith save him?"
We need to ask ourselves about seven times,
or maybe seventy times seven,
Exactly what does this question really mean?
"Can faith save him?"
(James 2:14 Ė 26 NKJV)
(14) What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? (15) If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, (16) and one of you says to them, "Depart in peace, be warmed and filled," but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? (17) Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. (18) But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. (19) You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe; and tremble! (20) But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? (21) Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? (22) Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect (23) And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." And he was called the friend of God. (24) You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only. (25) Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way? (26) For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
It is Godís will that we make wise decisions with the uses of all that God gives us. God will allow us to have an abundance supply so we are able to meet the demands of the need for the things of this world as we go forth to spread the gospel and meet the needs of others as the Holy Spirit directs. But this does not change the individual Christianís life theme.
The Treasures And Rewards We Invest In, are Heavenly, Not Earthly.
You take (James 2:15 Ė 16 NKJV), " (15) If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, (16) and one of you says to them, "Depart in peace, be warmed and filled," but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit?"
You add these two verses to (Mat 25:34 -46 NKJV), and you will have the answer to the following question;
How Do We Seek First The Kingdom Of God And His Righteousness?
(Which is seeking Heavenly Treasure)
(Mat 25:34 -46 NKJV)
If It Is Not All About Giving Self, Time & Money , What is it About.
Bottom line, we are saved by faith and not by works.
When we are saved and walking in the Spirit of God and His Word,
To watch our lives,
It will look like we believe
We are saved by works,
instead of faith.
Please take a moment and let the true meaning of that last statement
The following scriptures again goes into the depths of Giving that the natural man can not understand. Only by the revelation of God can this be understood.
(Rom 15:1 - 2NASB
(1) Now we who are strong ought to bear the weaknesses of those without strength and not just please ourselves. (2) Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to his edification.
(Acts 4:33 - 35 NKJV
God Makes It Very Clear As To The Reason For Our Daily Labor,
Others and Not Self
"Performing With His Own Hands What Is Good, In Order That He May Have Something To Share With Him Who Has Need"
(Eph 4:17 - 28 NASB)
(17) This I say therefore, and affirm together with the Lord, that you walk no longer just as the Gentiles also walk, in the futility of their mind, (18) being darkened in their understanding, excluded from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the hardness of their heart; (19) and they, having become callous, have given themselves over to sensuality, for the practice of every kind of impurity with greediness. (20) But you did not learn Christ in this way, (21) if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught in Him, just as truth is in Jesus, (22) that, in reference to your former manner of life, you lay aside the old self, which is being corrupted in accordance with the lusts of deceit, (23) and that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind, (24) and put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth (25) Therefore, laying aside falsehood, SPEAK TRUTH, EACH ONE of you, WITH HIS NEIGHBOR, for we are members of one another. (26) BE ANGRY, AND yet DO NOT SIN; do not let the sun go down on your anger, (27) and do not give the devil an opportunity. (28) Let him who steals steal no longer; but rather let him labor, performing with his own hands what is good, in order that he may have something to share with him who has need.
God expects us to use a part of what He gives to provide for our immediate family, but it was never meant that we work daily to build our own little kingdom on earth. Godís Word makes it very clear as to our responsibility to being a giving part of the family of God. Godís Word makes it clear that we as a part of the family should be determine to create equality for the whole family.
(2 Cor 8:13 Ė 15 NKJV)
(13) For I do not mean that others should be eased and you burdened; (14) but by an equality, that now at this time your abundance may supply their lack, that their abundance also may supply your lack; that there may be equality.(15) As it is written, "He who gathered much had nothing left over, and he who gathered little had no lack."(Ex 16:18)
The Lust Of The Eyes, Lust Of The Flesh, Pride Of Life And The Force Of Greed, will never come close to being able to understand or submit to this truth. It totally makes no sense to the natural man to individually be able to make more so he can give more so that others can benefit from his sacrifice.
God requires some to do more and make more and yet they are to still live equally with all others in the body for Christ.
Surly, it is not the will of God for an individual that has the ability to make and control much of the thinks of this world, to give up all, including his life for other.
Who ever heard of anyone totally giving all, for people he does not even Know,
family of God or not.
We must remember that with men this is impossible. This only becomes possible as each individual member of the body of Christ works daily to deny himself. We must understand that we will become the truly functional body of Christ on the earth when we each can say it is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives within me.
The natural man in his heart can not truly understand or live by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit to be able to give to others. It Is More Blessed To Give Than To Receive is a spiritual concept fully manifested in Godís gift to us, Jesus.' We can fully understand the following scripture through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit as we surrender all to Jesus
(Acts 20:33 35 NASB)
(33) "I have coveted no one's silver or gold or clothes. (34) "You yourselves know that these hands ministered to my own needs and to the men who were with me. (35) "In everything I showed you that by working hard in this manner you must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He Himself said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'"
satan Is At his Best When It Come To Counterfeiting
One might say, the previous scriptures sounds like socialism or communism. or even the mess our current government is in with its current social programs and tax rate. However, you would be wrong, for men and governments create those states without Godís Word. In reality, all those states are, is satan taking the principles of God and counterfeiting them. That is what satan does best. But in the end.
(Prov 14:11 &12 NKJV)
(11) "The house of the wicked will be overthrown, but the tent of the upright will flourish. (12) There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death."
We must look to the Bible for direction in choosing the way, GODís WAY . We must not let the influence of the world slip in, in any way. The Word of God conceived and growing in the hearts of believers must direct our path and we must be willing to follow the truths of the Word in all things.